Key decision – decide if you need a password for the administrator’s account that you are going to activate. My point is that the local policy may insist on a complex password, thus you will not be able to activate the administrator with a blank password. This technique also works on Windows Server 2008, however on that operating system it is more likely you will set /active:no.
- Logon to Vista using your usual account.
- Launch the cmd prompt – Make sure you select, ‘Run as administrator’
- Net user administrator p£ssw0rD
- Net user administrator /active:yes
- Switch User, or logoff
- Logon as Administrator Password p£ssw0rD
(Your password may be different!)